Soap Packaging

Firstly, congratulations to Coralee Crafts http://caroleecrafts.blogspot.com/m/ who won our 'Find the most expensive Body Butter Bar' competition.

Caroline found this one which weighs just 57g and is sold on Buy Outside The Box for a whopping £17.50...

Ok, it does come with a little Tin, but I still don't think it's good value for money...

I've been spending a lot of time looking at packaging this week for a new project I'm working on...a friend of mine often says that "packaging is a soaper's worst nightmare" and it's true, it often takes longer to decide on how to package your soaps than it does to decide on the look of your soap - I'm guessing that's why the big boys of the soap world employ branding experts to do it for them....

Here's some I found, and liked.....

This one is simple, bright and there is a uniformity about the colours and the look of the packaging...very pretty and eye catching, I thought...

I'd see their target market as middle income wives and mothers, perhaps...


This one is a very bright and colourful idea with a colour theme and logo for each fragrance of soap...personally I find it a bit confusing to the eye, but I am sure it can look really effective on a shop shelf, with rows of each kind of soap all lined up in bands of colour...at least you wouldn't miss them :)



The one on the right, was one of the simplest, and most effective ones that I found...I love the little pictures that not only decorate but tell you a little about the scent or ingredients in the soaps - very cute...







This one was one of my favourites...so, so simple, conveys so much about the soap inside - my perception is that it's natural, unfussy, basic, possibly organic...it's a soap that you almost don't have to see to decide whether it's for you - which is what the packaging should convey...





And, lastly...the funniest one - I thought this was very, very clever...what a lovely idea for a hotel or guest house - I just hope the guests aren't upset at being accused of thieving soaps - I'm sure we've all done it though!



These are just a few of the (quite litterally) thousands of packaging designs I looked at...I copy the pics into a folder on my computer to create a kind of mood board so I can gain some inspiration for my new line....sometimes it works, other times I just can't decide :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment